How Beltone is responding to COVID-19/Coronavirus
At Beltone, the health and safety of our client family is of the utmost importance to us. Many of our clients are part of the population most vulnerable to this virus, and you are our priority in these uncertain times. As the increased spread of COVID-19 is causing uncertainty across the United States, Beltone is responding by working diligently to take all the necessary steps to ensure our customers, employees, and partners are safe, and that daily operations remain efficient, so we can deliver the support you need.
The health and well-being of our customers is the cornerstone of our business and seniors are the core of our customer base. Health officials tell us that older adults are at higher risk for contracting COVID-19, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have provided guidance for how we should operate to minimize the risk of infections. Beltone is following those guidelines, as well as others from the American Academy of Audiology, to deliver the safest care possible.
We want to assure you that we are taking specific steps to support you in the safest way possible. If you need help with your hearing aids:
- The Beltone Foundation is providing free batteries by mail to anyone who needs them. To submit a request click here.
- Our Hearing Care Professionals are available to answer questions and troubleshoot common issues over the phone.
- Some hearing aids can be adjusted remotely through the HearMax app and Remote Care service; contact us to learn more.
In order to further assist you and provide you with resources you may find helpful, we have uploaded self-help training videos to the Beltone YouTube channel and you can find more information about our products and services on Beltone.com.
Where local conditions allow, we are still performing scheduled hearing evaluations and accepting new appointments. During this time, open hours vary by location. If you would like to come in for an office appointment, please contact your local Beltone office for location-specific hours.
Clients that do come in to our Beltone locations will find we are applying the following protocols for your health and safety:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols for our offices and equipment to minimize risk of infection to our patients and staff
- Deep cleaning of all waiting and examination rooms including carpets, desks, phones, and counter surfaces
- Between visits cleaning of all counter surfaces and equipment.
- Use of disposable equipment for testing whenever possible
- Re-trained our staff on infection prevention protocols from the CDC and our industry associations and asked staff to refrain from unnecessary contact during all patient visits
- Limited or restricted travel from store to store by headquarters and field employees
- Postponed large events, such as Lunch and Learns and Open Houses
In addition, if you are not feeling well and need to re-schedule your appointment, we have opened appointment calendars beyond our typical two-week window to accommodate.
At Beltone, our Hearing Care Professionals are ready and willing to help you. More than ever, your health and safety are our priority. Know that in these trying times we are here for you, and will support you in any way possible. Please call your local Beltone office or 1-800-Beltone for assistance.