Signs and Symptoms of Hearing Loss in Loved Ones
The holidays have come to a close, the decorations are boxed up for next year, and it’s back to the day-to-day routine of everyday life. But, if you’re like many other Americans this season, there may be one nagging thought that lingers from the holiday- is Dad losing his hearing? If you noticed some signs this holiday season that your aging parents may be experiencing some degree of hearing loss, it’s important to not push aside those concerns. Hearing is vital to our health and happiness, and your parents deserve to live life to the fullest. Whether it was your mom, dad, grandparent, or any other family member that exhibited signs of hearing loss, Beltone can help your loved one regain their hearing health.
First of all – you are not alone. After spending extended time with loved ones this holiday season, many of us came to the realization that mom or dad’s hearing is not quite what it once was. It may have been mom turning the volume up too loud on the television, or dad’s inability to catch a youngster’s jokes, but whatever the indication, you may have noticed some signs of hearing difficulty. Here are some of the common signs and symptoms of hearing loss:
- Frequently asking others to speak more slowly, clearly and loudly.
- Needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio.
- Muffling of speech and other sounds.
- Difficulty understanding words, especially against background noise or in a crowd.
- Trouble hearing consonants.
The realization that your loved one is experiencing a decline in their hearing health can be upsetting, but you have help and resources available to you. With Beltone, you can address your loved one’s hearing challenges, and get them the help they need to restore their hearing health as best as possible. The friendly staff at Beltone are experts at guiding people towards the hearing solution that is best for them. At Beltone we offer:
- Complimentary hearing evaluations: Beltone offers hearing evaluations, valued at $275 and offered at no cost to you, which include a video ear scan, a comprehensive audiometric hearing test, and a personalized hearing health assessment.
- A wide range of top-of-the-line hearing products: Beltone offers customers outside-the-ear, in-the-ear, digital, and rechargeable hearing aids. Beltone products such as the Beltone AmazeTM, Beltone Boost MaxTM, and Beltone TrustTM, offer customers the latest in hearing technology.
- A full range of assistance with hearing instruments: Beltone offers live hearing aid demonstrations, same-day hearing aid repairs and servicing, and warranty repairs. All Beltone products come with the BelCare Service Plan– if your hearing instrument needs to be repaired, our Beltone Factory Repair Lab ensures that it is fixed properly to meet Beltone standards.
- Six convenient offices: Beltone has six offices to serve the Central California region, Fresno, Hanford, Modesto, Oakhurst, Sonora, and Visalia.
If you noticed hearing loss in a loved one this holiday season, don’t hesitate to contact Beltone for help. Our professional staff will work with you to find the hearing solution that best fits your loved one’s lifestyle and budget, and we will stay by your side throughout the entire process of restoring their hearing health. Hearing is vitally important to our social lives, and our own sense of well-being; your loved one doesn’t need to suffer from declining hearing health, you can get them the help they need with Beltone. Click here to schedule an appointment for mom or dad’s free hearing test today!