Signs and Symptoms of Hearing Loss in Loved Ones
The holidays are here and many of us are enjoying long awaited time with loved ones. The holiday season is a time for gathering with those we cherish, and enjoying that precious time together. But, if you’re like many other Americans this season, there may be one nagging concern that pesters you through the holidays – is Mom losing her hearing? If you are noticing signs this holiday season that your aging parents may be experiencing some degree of hearing loss, it’s important to not ignore those concerns. Hearing is vital to our health and happiness, and your parents deserve to live life to the fullest. Whether it is your mom, dad, grandparent, or any other family member that exhibits signs of hearing loss, Beltone’s Hearing Care Centers of the Central Valley can help your loved one regain their hearing health.
It’s important to know that you are not alone. Spending extended time with loved ones during the holidays not only helps us catch up with each other, it allows us to notice changes that may be occurring. It is not uncommon to come to the realization that mom or dad’s hearing seems to not be quite what it once was. You may have noticed mom turning the volume up too loud on the television, her need to have questions repeated several times, or some other sign of hearing difficulty. Here are some of the most common signs and symptoms of hearing loss:
- Frequently asking others to speak more slowly, clearly and loudly.
- Needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio.
- Muffling of speech and other sounds.
- Difficulty understanding words, especially against background noise or in a crowd.
- Trouble hearing consonants.
The realization that your loved one is experiencing a decline in their hearing health can be upsetting, but you have help and resources available to you. With Beltone, you can address your loved one’s hearing challenges, and get them the help they need to restore their hearing health as best as possible. The friendly staff at Beltone’s Hearing Care Centers of the Central Valley are experts at guiding people towards the hearing solution that is best for them. At Beltone we offer:
- Complimentary hearing evaluations: Beltone offers hearing evaluations, valued at $275 and offered at no cost to you, which include a video ear exam, a comprehensive audiometric hearing test, and a personalized hearing health assessment.
- A wide range of top-of-the-line hearing products: Beltone offers customers outside-the-ear, in-the-ear, digital, and rechargeable hearing aids. Beltone products such as the Beltone ImagineTM, Beltone Boost MaxTM, and Beltone AmazeTM, offer customers the latest in hearing technology.
- A full range of assistance with hearing instruments: Beltone offers live hearing aid demonstrations, same-day hearing aid repairs and servicing, and warranty repairs. All Beltone products come with the BelCare Service Plan– if your hearing instrument needs to be repaired, our Beltone Factory Repair Lab ensures that it is fixed properly to meet Beltone standards.
- Six convenient offices: Beltone has six offices to serve the Central California region, Fresno, Hanford, Modesto, Oakhurst, Sonora, and Visalia.
If you notice hearing loss in a loved one this holiday season, don’t hesitate to contact Beltone for help. Our professional staff will work with you to find the hearing solution that best fits your loved one’s lifestyle and budget, and we will stay by your side throughout the entire process of restoring their hearing health. Hearing is vitally important to our social lives, and our own sense of well-being; your loved one doesn’t need to suffer from declining hearing health, you can get them the help they need with Beltone. Click here to schedule an appointment for mom or dad’s free hearing test today!