As you age, many things in life change, and one thing many of us expect is to experience some degree of hearing loss. While it is true that hearing loss can affect anyone at any age, age-related hearing loss is one of the most common conditions among adults 65 and older, and can have a significant impact on quality of life. If you are concerned about your hearing, or whether you are experiencing hearing loss, it is a good idea to speak with a hearing care professional. At Beltone, we specialize in helping people with hearing loss find solutions that work with their lifestyle, and their budget. The first step is to come see us! Our Central California Beltone offices are open again, and we are following all advice and guidance of public health officials and putting all appropriate safety measures into effect. However, we also offer a unique opportunity: our quick online hearing test is available to you at no cost, so you can see how your hearing measures up- today, from the comfort of your own home.
As we age, we naturally become more susceptible to hearing loss because of changes to the delicate mechanics of our ears. Scientifically known as Presbycusis, this age-related hearing loss is the most common type of hearing loss. Hearing loss, however, can affect anyone at any age, due to heredity, medical conditions or loud noise exposure. According to recent research, one in five Americans report having hearing loss; that’s 37.5 million Americans!
If you are concerned about your hearing, our online hearing test offers a quick, easy and effective method to identify potential hearing loss. An online hearing test is no substitute for an in-person hearing test by an audiologist or hearing care professional, and it is always advisable to follow up with a more in-depth hearing test from a local hearing care professional. Still, our online hearing test offers you the opportunity to test your hearing right now, from the comfort of your home!
Here’s what you need to know to prepare for your free online hearing test:
- Find a quiet place: Make sure to get settled somewhere quiet with little to no background noise before you begin.
- Consider wearing headphones: If you wear headphones for your test, we will be able to test your hearing in each ear.
- If you are using speakers, please adjust the volume on your speakers to a comfortable level.
- If you already wear hearing aids, we recommend that you remove them during the test.
- Remember, you can press replay if you get distracted and miss one of the numbers or words.
- After the test, don’t forget to give us consent so we can process your personal data and send you the results.
- Your privacy is important for us: Read the full Privacy Consent Statement before you begin.
Beltone’s online hearing test is 100% free of charge to you. The test will take no longer than 5 minutes to complete, and will give you an accurate starting point to understand your degree of hearing loss. When you have completed your test, you will have the option to immediately follow up with a local hearing care specialist. With six Central California Beltone offices, we have a hearing care center near you! If you are ready to test your hearing from the comfort of your own home, start your online hearing test now!